marketing and sales
Differentiate your company with a reputation for strong, positive social responsibility.
- 90% of customers are willing to switch to a brand associated with a good cause
- 80% of customers would tell friends and family about a company's CSR efforts
- Customers are willing to pay up to 20% more for products and services provided by a company with excellent CSR
- Every $1 spent on corporate philanthropy can generate $6 in increased sales revenue (subject to the law of diminishing returns!)
reputation and risk
Not only does great CSR performance attract customers, it also decreases risk and protects your company's reputation.
- 87% of customers expect companies to do more than make a profit
- 91% of customers have a more positive image of a company that supports social or environmental issues
- In a crisis, a well-managed CSR program can protect 4-7% of a firm's total value
- Corporate responsibility can provide a 10% boost in customer satisfaction
Some of the most powerful effects of good CSR are internal to your firm.
- Productivity increases up to 13%
- The annual turnover rate decreases by 25-50%
- 72% of millennials (and 53% of all employees) say "a job where I can make an impact" is important to their happiness.
- Strong CSR programs attract higher performing workers.
It's no longer up for debate that effective CSR programs also generate financial returns.
- Effective CSR can increase the market value of a firm by 4-6%
- The cost of equity can be reduced by 1% with strong social responsibility programs
- Excellent CSR performance can reduce the cost of debt by 40-45 basis points